Parineeti Chopra, the popular Bollywood actress started off her career as an investment banker. It was her love for movies that brought her to Bollywood. She has won many hearts with her performance since her debut. She has been a terrific actor on screen and has won many awards for the same. However, something that took the world by surprise was her weight loss transformation. Yes, Parineeti Chopra’s weight loss story was a trending topic in 2016-17. This came in as a surprise as the bubbly actress had previously confessed that she was not health conscious and loved eating junk food. She also hated working out in the gym. So, this transformation shocked everyone.
What made Parineeti lose weight?
Even though Parineeti had a strong fan base and had established herself in Bollywood as a lead actress, she had a constant battle with her excess weight. She looked chubby and not in shape, and that became a topic of discussion in Bollywood.
Things got difficult for her when she had to wear fashionable clothes and flaunt her body on various occasions. Partineeti, at one point, realized that it is important for her to appear her best on screen and that the extra weight is not helping her in any way. This is what triggered her transformation.
Parineeti Chopra’s weight loss story
After deciding to lose those extra pounds, Parineeti went on a 6-month diet plan. The plan was very detailed and restricted her from having any high-carb, sugary and fried foods. In one of the interviews after her transformation, she revealed that she had started having her dinner at 7.30 PM and avoided eating anything after 8 PM.
Initially, it was very difficult for her to embrace this new lifestyle, but she gradually started liking it. For the first 3 weeks, she made small changes to her eating habits and still went out and had ice creams and pastries when she craved for it. However, after one month into the weight loss regime, she got a lot more serious about her body and started following a healthier lifestyle.
Parineeti Chopra’s weight loss diet
For all those of you who wanted to know her diet plan, here it is.
This was an easy diet plan to start off with; however, what toned her body was her workout routine.
Parineeti Chopra’s workout routine
Most of us dread going to the gym, Parineeti was no different. She hated working out, but after she got strict about her weight loss, workouts became a part of her daily life and she started enjoying the process.
Her workout routine mainly involved running on the treadmill for 30 minutes, swimming or practicing kalaripayattu (a form of martial arts that is popular in Kerala). She also incorporated yoga and meditation in her routine.
Here is an effective workout plan that will help you shed those extra pounds.
- Brisk walking – 5 minutes
- Jogging – 10 minutes
- Jumping jacks – 2 sets of 20 reps
- Forward lunges – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Burpees – 2 set of 20 reps
- Pushups – 3 sets of 10 reps
- Plank – 2 sets of 10 – 20 seconds
- Body Stretching – 5 minutes
Parineeti Chopra – Before and After Weight loss
(Source – www.indiatvnews.com)
Additional Weight loss Tips
Here are certain things you need to know about weight loss.
- Set a realistic goal: If you have been struggling to lose weight with different methods over the years, then the problem is not with the methods, the problem is with your mindset. You will have to be really focused and clear about weight loss if that is your goal. Once you have that firm in your mind, the rest of the things will all fall in place. So, set a realistic goal and stick to it no matter what. If you think your goal is not achievable, then you will never be able to achieve it.
- Have a workout buddy: Everyone can lose weight if they really wish. However, a lot of people fail in the process as they are mostly alone in the process and lack motivation. Therefore, it will be great if you can find a workout buddy, who is as serious as you about fitness. This will give you another reason to work out every day. With a workout buddy, you can set a weekly workout goal and achieve them easily.
- Set your workout schedule and stay consistent: This is the most important part. A lot of people complain that they have a busy schedule and hence are not regular with workouts. Stop giving excuses if you are really serious about your health. Plan your workout schedule, take a print out and carry it with your all the time. Treat this very seriously as this will define what the kind of person you. If you cannot plan your workout schedule and stick to it, then you are most likely failing to meet your goals in other areas of your life as well. Therefore, clearly chalk out a schedule and stick to it.
- Eat healthily: It is very difficult to follow a strict diet plan when there are so many mouth-watering food options waiting right at your doorstep. However, if you put in some time to understand the amount of junk food you are consuming, you will quickly make some lifestyle changes fearing future health issues that may arise out of your present lazy lifestyle. You do not have to become a vegan. Just make some small changes to your eating habits. Include more fiber-rich fruits and veggies in your diet, have protein-rich food and that should be it. You will be in a good shape.
One thing that you must understand is everyone’s body type is different. What worked for Parineeti may not work for everyone. Moreover, Parineeti is a celebrity who has personal trainers watching her diet closely. This is one of the main reasons; she was able to achieve her weight loss goals in less than a year.
If you are serious about losing weight, you can follow some tips offered in this blog and start making small changes to your lifestyle. If you have health issues, it is best that you consult a dietitian before jumping into any program.
Weight loss is not as complicated as people project it to be. It of course takes time, but it is certainly achievable. Hope, this blog has inspired you enough to take healthy measures to lose weight.